Friday, September 4, 2009

25 Pieces of Me

A while back everyone was doing the 25 facts thing on Facebook, and I did not give in to the peer pressure. But now that it has died down, I think I'll put in my 25. I think tho since this is actually on my blog I'll have to dive deep and let y'all see some of the more personal parts of me (not too personal though there are a very select few who get to go there). Well, here goes nothing.

1. I love Jesus with everything within me and am learning to daily walk by the Spirit according to His will.
2. I feel as though through consecration and getting in covenant with good Christian friends I am at a place of personal revival.
3. I have to rinse the "dust" from a glass before I drink from it, even if it is obviously clean.
4. I cannot go anywhere unless I have been officially invited. This even includes public places where I know my friends are. (The only exception to this is Anita's house, and that's only because I know that they don't mind)
5. Even though I can't go anywhere uninvited, I expect my friends to just know that they are always welcome to show up at my house unannounced. And then I wonder why no one ever just shows up.
6. I love to spend money on my friends. Love it. But I really dislike the idea of anyone spending their money on me.
7. It absolutely drives me up the wall to feel like I'm being ignored.
8. I love to cook.
9. Cooking is even more fun with friends.
10. Most of the time I will not play a game if I don't think I can win or if I think I'll look stupid compared to the other people playing.
11. I have a really hard time opening up to people, and am just now getting to a place where I actually can with a friend I've had for about ten years.
12. Pretty much every day I pick a word or a phrase, and I try to say it to everyone I talk to that day and see if anyone catches on. It can be something as simple as "chump" or "these days" or an entire sentence like, "Either I'm getting bigger or these pants are getting smaller, because they sure are a lot tighter than they were last week."
13. I tend to be a really touchy person --I like pretty much any kind of physical contact. I have to touch people when I'm talking to them, and if I'm sitting next to someone, I like to be touching them in some way. I feel like it makes me connected... I don't know.
14. I will cuddle up to pretty much anyone who isn't creeped out by it.
15. However, If I don't know you, don't touch. That means keep your knees out of my back!
16. I don't mind pain as long as it's not burning or freezing.
17. I hate to say this, because it's terrible. But I have a fear of people with mental handicaps. I'm working on it though.
18. My primary love language is quality time. That's why hanging out with people one-on-one and talking to people on the phone is so important to me. I love to have peoples undivided attention every now and then. Or I'm just really needy, either one really... they both fit.
19. I have recently found a girl that I'm interested in for the first time in a couple of years (I'm very picky). It's a rather unlikely situation though.
20. The other day I realized that I actually miss being in school and going to classes. I never thought there would be a day when those words would come out of my mouth.
21. I was quite the liar in elementary school. Ask me about it, I'd love to tell you some stories.
22. I was thinking the other day about things that I regret, and I came to the conclusion that there is only one thing in my life that I really regret doing. I feel like everything else has been used to bring about good things in my life.
23. I have been trying a lot of things that I thought I didn't like lately only to find out that I actually like them.
24. I don't have a favorite day of the week. I think that is crazy. Everyday is great and unique and created by the Lord for a specific purpose. Although recently I am not so fond of Tuesdays. I don't really have a favorite color either. If someone asks I'll say blue, just because I have trained myself to prefer it. But really, what makes one color better than the rest?
25. My favorite job I've ever worked was the summer Jordan and I worked for Larson Storm Doors. It's the exact opposite of a job that you would think I'd like, but I loved it and I have a lot of good memories from that summer.

0 comments :