Breaking the Cycle

This didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it to, and I don't know how long I'll leave it up. If it continues to bother me, I'll take it down in the morning.
Today I was thinking about how I no longer like a lot of the things I liked as a kid. Things like swings and merry-go-rounds. While they were fun as a kid, now they just make me sick. As I was thinking about playing on merry-go-rounds (and feeling quite nauseated at the very thought), it was like this word about cycles just hit me right in the face. America, the church as a whole, and even my own personal life seem to be going in their own little cycles that just loop over and over. Take a look at my relationship with even my best friend, for instance. We go through times where we hang out everyday and are really close, and then a few months later we will hardly even speak to each other. I can only speak for myself, but I feel as though we’ve worked through a lot of stuff in our relationship recently, and I intend to continue pressing forward and putting forth the effort to not let the cycle continue. And don’t get me wrong, this is pretty much with all of my friendships. And then it even transfers over to my Christian walk. One week I’m reading my Bible and praying all the time, and the next I may not open my Bible once or pray one time. This brings me to America. America has been going through a cycle of revival followed by exceeding sin for a while. It seems like every time there is a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Satan comes along and there is an even bigger influx of sin. I truly believe that we are on the very brink of the greatest awaking the world has ever seen. It would be awesome if we don’t allow the cycle to continue, but it has to start with breaking the cycle in our own lives. It’s time that we get off of our merry-go-rounds, shake off the dizziness, and get on a steady incline. Not like an escalator, its not going to be that easy. More like stairs, its going to take work, but it‘s worth it when you get to the next level. Or even better, like a ramp. If you are sitting on a ramp in neutral, you will actually begin to roll backwards. Its going to take a constant pushing forward. Let’s break the cycle people.
0 comments :
Post a Comment