Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Don't Tell Anyone, Okay?

Secrets can be a lot of fun. We all enjoy having a little inside information -- knowing something that not everyone else knows. It makes us feel special. And there are some good reasons to keep secrets – a surprise for a friend, respecting someone’s privacy, wanting to share something special with someone special. Secrets can build strong trust between friends. But some secrets can tear relationships apart (these are not the good kind of secrets). I want to get to know you more, so let’s share secrets. I’ll tell you guys a secret about myself and you share one with me, sound good?

Here is my secret: I am still, at 21, somewhat afraid of the dark. I guess it’s not so much the dark itself, but the fact that I don’t know what is hiding in the dark. I mean, there could be a snake waiting to bite me and pump me full of venom, or a serial killer ready to cut off all my fingers, you never know.

So now that you know my secret, what’s yours? (If you dont want to post it as a comment, you can email it to me. mattetress@gmail.com)