Friday, September 4, 2009

Kingdom of Heaven

This was a Facebook note originally posted on August 5, 2009.


This is a revelation that I got the other day concerning the Kingdom of Heaven. I was lying in my bed thinking about it just now and began to feel very convicted (I'll share what about later in this note) and then it was like a second part to the first revelation hit me. Isn't it awesome how the Lord works sometimes? I know I can't really do it justice, but I'd like to share both parts with you and hopefully it will hit some of you as deeply as it hit me.


About a week and a half ago, a day or so after we got home from the dude ranch, I was driving in my car and I was just talking with God (I like to worship and pray while I drive) and someone on the radio said something about the Kingdom of God. Now, we've all heard the phrase a thousand times and we all know what it means, but for the first time it registered with my spirit. I remember thinking "Lord, why is it called the Kingdom of Heaven?" And I'm telling you its like a light bulb came on. It was as though God spoke directly in my ear, "Matt, King of Kings is not just a title. I AM the King over heaven and the earth. and its called the kingdom of God it's because it IS a kingdom. It's like any other kingdom that the earth has known. And it's run like a kingdom. There is a palace and a throne room. And my throne room is bigger and has far more splendor than any human mind could ever imagine, certainly far more glorious than any throne room any king on earth has ever had(and its like i could see it, a great big awesome throne room with three big beautiful thrones right in the middle. notice i said like i could this was not a vision... i didnt actually see or hear anything like i did with the blood and the chains and the angels. this was in my spirit) . And I sit upon my throne. My subjects come into my throne room and they bow before me and the worship me, and i call their names and they rise to meet with me. And the elders step down from their thrones to bend their knees. And the angels they are all about me and my seraphim they encircle me and the cry out to me both day and night. and I shall rule the nations forever."


Now the second part which hit me tonight. I was thinking about the revelation i had gotten last week (the one i just told you about), and i started thinking how often do we actually give thanks to the Holy Spirit and worship Him. And even saying it now it sounds a little weird, but He is still God. The word says that there is one God Who exists in three persons. We are always more than ready to worship the Father and the Son, but its very rarely that I'll even pray directly to the third part of the Godhead much less worship Him. And as soon as I began to think about that I felt so grieved in my spirit. I spent nearly an hour on my face in the floor just worshiping the Holy Spirit. and you wouldnt believe how great it felt and how hungry i feel for more. And so from now on i will praise and worship not only the Father and Son, but also the Holy Spirit.



0 comments :